Malibu Another long running GM name, the Malibu has overcome many changes to be one of the top mid size sedans heading into its eight generation.

Chevrolet Malibu
This area is for FWD models 1997 and newer
Platform: N-, Epsilon, Epsilon II.

Keyless Remote

Old March 20th, 2013, 10:41 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Keyless Remote

hi iam having problems with the key pad on my car all the buttons it work fine all of them except the lock button it does no want to lock the car iam have to reach in the car to lock it now.. but the unlock button works panic button works trunck button works and the remote starter but i gotta lock it 2 times to make it beep before i can turn the remote starter on... and body got any ideas on what to do?
Old March 21st, 2013, 12:29 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Cynthia Snipes Foor,

I am sorry you are experiencing this issue. There may be a connection issue with the remote. This is just a suggestion and is not meant as a diagnosis.

I recommend consulting with a certified technician for an official diagnosis. They will be able to offer more information after inspecting the remote.

If you need assistance locating a technician near you, please PM your zip code for a listing.

Louis
GM Customer Service