Malibu Another long running GM name, the Malibu has overcome many changes to be one of the top mid size sedans heading into its eight generation.

Chevrolet Malibu
This area is for FWD models 1997 and newer
Platform: N-, Epsilon, Epsilon II.

lowering

Search this Thread

Old August 12th, 2013, 3:53 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lowering

Hey my names Nicholas and I own an 02 Chevy Malibu and was considering buying coilovers for my car, well on eBay they dont sell any for my car but they do sell them for the same year on an impala, now the impala is just a Malibu in a drivetrain conversion. Would the coilovers fit or work properly from an impala (custom coilovers made for impala) fit on my Malibu? Otherwise ill be spending a $1,*** on just lowering springs.
My car is also in the shop right now for an overheating problem, water pump, thermostat were both replaced. No milky oil. Little moisture coming out exhaust. No white smoke. But the water boils and pushes out the overflow and doesnt keep the cars motor cool.
I also have use the bleeder valve for water line and water will spray out after a couple seconds but also foam.

Any answers for my questions above?
Old August 13th, 2013, 12:45 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so I looked into detail a little more and I just need an answer between these two, for the lowering springs would I base it off the platform body (n-body) or base it off the suspension which is the same in the impala (McPherson suspension)?