Malibu Another long running GM name, the Malibu has overcome many changes to be one of the top mid size sedans heading into its eight generation.

Chevrolet Malibu
This area is for FWD models 1997 and newer
Platform: N-, Epsilon, Epsilon II.

malibu 2011 starts up then dies

Search this Thread

Old September 27th, 2015, 2:56 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry malibu 2011 starts up then dies

Hello, I was driving and my ESC light starts blinking and I feel my car beginning to lose power. So I pulled over and turned it off. When I tried to turn it back on it kept starting up and then it died again. I have a light on that also says service tire monitor. So I decided to enter learn mode and calibrate the tire sensors. Now the tire monitor light keeps blinking on my dash. I successfully calibrated all but my back passenger wheel. It's as if it doesn't exist. Would this not allow my car to start? Each time I start it up its like it's going to then gives out and the light begins to blink. HELP!
Old September 27th, 2015, 6:18 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I decided to unhook my battery to clear the tire monitor light. After hooking it back up it started right up....security feature apparently doesn't want to let you drive with 3 wheels . Ordered new sensor ...fairly cheap and now I can at least drive it over to have repaired. Hope this helps someone !