Malibu Another long running GM name, the Malibu has overcome many changes to be one of the top mid size sedans heading into its eight generation.

Chevrolet Malibu
This area is for FWD models 1997 and newer
Platform: N-, Epsilon, Epsilon II.
Old August 6th, 2015, 2:06 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

Malibu Maxx- CD Stuck in Player

Search this Thread

Old January 29th, 2012, 11:48 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Malibu Maxx- CD Stuck in Player

Can someone tell me what the best way is to remove a cd that's stuck in the factory player in my 2006 Malibu Maxx? I'd rather not tear the whole dash apart, if possible (I don't have a warm place to attempt this until spring gets here).

Thanks,
Steve
Old January 30th, 2012, 5:47 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> sscanlan,

I'm sorry to hear of the problem with your CD player in your Malibu Maxx.

Please try this: Press the eject button on the CD player. Turn the power off, then on again, then press the eject button on the CD player. Do not attempt to force or remove the disc from the player.

If the problem persists, return to your GM dealer for further assistance. If the radio displays an error message, write it down and provide it to your dealer when reporting the problem.

If you have additional questions, please feel free to contact me.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old February 8th, 2012, 8:13 PM
CF Junior Member

Default had same problem

I couldn't figure out any way to get it out and I'm guessing the dealer couldn't either cause they replaced the radio and I never did get the CD back.
Old February 12th, 2012, 12:39 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've had it happen a few times on my '04 Maxx with the 6 disk changer. I just kept hitting eject and eventually it came out. Took a few days.
Old February 12th, 2012, 9:23 AM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

The dealer ships the cd player back to York Electronics who will remove the disc. The disc should be returned to the dealer for you to pick up.
Old February 28th, 2012, 5:01 PM
CF Beginner

try pulling th fuse for the radio my 05 malibu ls dose it alot