Malibu Another long running GM name, the Malibu has overcome many changes to be one of the top mid size sedans heading into its eight generation.

Chevrolet Malibu
This area is for FWD models 1997 and newer
Platform: N-, Epsilon, Epsilon II.

Do you have a musty smell after turning off your A/C?? (CHECK THIS OUT)

Search this Thread

Old October 27th, 2012, 9:41 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do you have a musty smell after turning off your A/C?? (CHECK THIS OUT)

I had my Malibu in for service this week and the salesman, who also has the exact same Malibu asked me if I have been getting a musty smell after turning the A/C off? I said no that I have not and he told me about an issue with his. Apparently Chevrolet failed to turn on this part called an afterblower module that kicks on after you turn off the A/C. Its function is to dry out the condensation in the system. I had service check on this and mine was in the off position also and they did turn it on. They said that they have seen random vehicles come in with the part off, some have been on, I guess about 50%??Just thought I would share this so next time your in for service you may want to have yours checked.
Old October 28th, 2012, 9:14 AM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

The after-blow feature is also available on the Tahoe, you can request it be turned off or on depending on your need, in areas that are high in humidity it could be helpful... but it can also be a potential for battery drain as the feature can stay on for several minutes after the vehicle is turned off...