Malibu Another long running GM name, the Malibu has overcome many changes to be one of the top mid size sedans heading into its eight generation.

Chevrolet Malibu
This area is for FWD models 1997 and newer
Platform: N-, Epsilon, Epsilon II.

NEed Help want to purchase a 04 Malibu!!!

Search this Thread

Old December 12th, 2013, 10:28 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEed Help want to purchase a 04 Malibu!!!

Hi everyone im kind of new to this fourm, but im hoping i would be able to get some help here, i went and looked at a 2004 malibu and it was in beauitful shape, no rust, noDents, accident free, mint paint, 180,000km on it, and all for 2000$ a steal of a deal but.. there are some problems with it, but i need an opinion on what i should do,/how to fix it.

#1) There are No dash lights, i think its the dimmer switch because the radio lights are still on but when you mess with the dimmer switch nothing happens, i also didnt have time to play with fuses
2) theere are no park lights, my brake lights and signal lights work fine. but running lights do not.
3) the most important problem, the engine seems to hessitate when you step on it from a stop, it seems like the engine kind of dies down, and then it gives itsself life and picks up.
4) the engine also surges. i thought it was because of the battery has been dead for a week, and is probalby dead in general, we boosted it and it seemed like it ran fine then after 5 mins of idleing it died down and started surging, but then we took it for a test drive, a good 10 minute ,where it should of had enough time to charge the battery.

Thanks for the help guys, im hoping someone can direct me on how to fix it or if its worth the trouble. Thank you!
Old December 13th, 2013, 3:27 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like this car has a lot of electical faults, I'd pass since you haven't purchased it yet.
They could be easy fixes, then again they could be a lot of headache and money.