Malibu Another long running GM name, the Malibu has overcome many changes to be one of the top mid size sedans heading into its eight generation.

Chevrolet Malibu
This area is for FWD models 1997 and newer
Platform: N-, Epsilon, Epsilon II.

Help

Search this Thread

Old July 3rd, 2011, 10:18 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help

Hi, I have a question I hope you guys can help me with, I have a 2010 Malibu LT 4cyl I like the car I don't know what to do, I have had it back to the dealer 4 times and they can't fix it. My Malibu when you drive at a regular speed or you go up a hill as soon as you give it was the car starts to buck and hesitate almost like if it was stuck between gears or something, the only way around this is to smash on the gas to make the car move, the dealer says they reprogrammed the computer but it still does it and the car has bad mpg for a 4cyl, does anyone know of or had a problem like this and maybe know a fix, I’m getting ready to call lemon law about this, it’s too bad I like the car but can't keep driving it like this.
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o>
HELP!!!!!!!!!
AL
Old July 3rd, 2011, 4:46 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I can't say I've personally experienced it but I've heard a lot of noise about the 2.4L with 6T40 transaxle sticking to too tall a gear. I think it all depends on the driving style, environmental conditions, and gross vehicle weight. Actually the 6T40 being too new was one of the considerations that made me decide on the LS trim with the tried and true 4T45 transaxle. I don't believe there's ever going to be a cure for what you're describing. Do not hesitate to pursue the lemon law route if you can.