Malibu Another long running GM name, the Malibu has overcome many changes to be one of the top mid size sedans heading into its eight generation.

Chevrolet Malibu
This area is for FWD models 1997 and newer
Platform: N-, Epsilon, Epsilon II.

No fuel presure...after reprogramming new key

Search this Thread

Old June 1st, 2012, 6:52 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No fuel presure...after reprogramming new key

Weird issue I've been struggling with. I had to change my ignition key due to the failing passkey 2. Never the less we hooked up a car computer to clear all the DTC's codes etc. Got it to learn the key perfectly. but everytime we try to crank it over it won't start. We noticed there is no presure on the fuel rail. I will say we did notice one code that pop'd up on the computer about the theft system fuel (something... I wish I wrote it down) We do hear the fuel pump kick on for a moment when the key is turned. I will say the car worked fine before it locked us out due to the key issue.

Possiable bad fuel filter? I know those will prevent any fuel from getting to the rail.
Old June 2nd, 2012, 5:50 AM
CF Monarch

Received 337 Likes on 318 Posts

More than likely the key didn't program correctly to the onboard computer. Try doing it again.
Old June 2nd, 2012, 3:21 PM
CF Beginner

Ok thanks... I'll try that.
Old June 2nd, 2012, 3:43 PM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by oldchevy
More than likely the key didn't program correctly to the onboard computer. Try doing it again.
Or the ecm is not reading fuel enable signal, anything else changed before this problem?
Old June 2nd, 2012, 7:18 PM
CF Beginner

Nothing changed... We know the fuel pump is good... we changed the ignition switches... it tries to start. we cleared the codes from the pcm and bcm. But my brother read a code from the ecm theift system fuel something what so ever. we do keep getting a p1626 error.
Old June 2nd, 2012, 7:36 PM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by rcoonjr
Nothing changed... We know the fuel pump is good... we changed the ignition switches... it tries to start. we cleared the codes from the pcm and bcm. But my brother read a code from the ecm theift system fuel something what so ever. we do keep getting a p1626 error.
Pull the anti theft fuse, then reinstall it. Car won't crank if it isn't powered up, but perhaps rebooting it might clear the problem.
Old June 3rd, 2012, 4:05 AM
CF Beginner

Odd enough there is no Anti Theft fuse on my car. I've made the choice that its going to the dealership. I'm thinking the pcm needs to be re-flashed. Something is screwy. Today we installed a new ignition switch... it tries but fails to start. Even after a re-learn of the passlock...