Originally Posted by EinST
I can't say I've ever had a problem installing. My problem always has been getting them out. Did you use anti-seize compound or did the spark plug maker say not to use it?
-This car was used an abused. 250,000+ miles on it, engine was replaced.I'm thinking the backwoods grease monkey i bought it from just spun it in, felt it stop, and said "o.k." (however, i did the exact same thing, when trying to iron out the misfire problem earlier, -so i am no better.) Upon removing the valve assembly it was very easy to see it was not spun in all the way. Yes, i have reassembled with anti-seize.
-When i have trouble removing spark plugs, I add an extension(when it will fit) then take a hammer, and tap on the end of the extension. I will then put the wrench on, and again with the hammer, tapping this time on the end of the wrench loosening it,don't do this with a crappy wrench, as it will strip out eventually and become worthless. 9times outta/10 it works for me like a charm. Also a good blast of penetrating oil. Impact guns,or pneumatic tools ,are considered an absolute last resort, as it is very sketchy that you may strip it out just trying to remove it.When i get desperate, such as set-screws on bearing collars, or sprockets, or exhaust pipe, i heat the buggers up with a torch, then do what i described above.
Drilling, re-taping/re-threading is a chore.