Malibu Another long running GM name, the Malibu has overcome many changes to be one of the top mid size sedans heading into its eight generation.

Chevrolet Malibu
This area is for FWD models 1997 and newer
Platform: N-, Epsilon, Epsilon II.

remote starter problem

Search this Thread

Old October 14th, 2012, 2:12 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default remote starter problem

i just got a factory remote start installed 3days ago on my 2011 malibu. yestgerday the remote would not work..just clicks and sometimes the lights will flash and the odometer needle will flutter AND i cannot turn the car on with the key either! of course it had to happen on a saturday when the dealership isnt open..been housebound all weekend any ideas on what the issue is??
Old October 16th, 2012, 2:48 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

donna,
We're sorry that you encountered these troubles with your remote start! Have you successfully addressed this since your post?
Sarah (Assisting Louis), Chevrolet Customer Service
Old October 17th, 2012, 7:41 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had the vehicle looked at yesterday and they told me that my battery was stone cold dead. they boosted it and checked things out and said the battery is still very good and that it was likely the body control module and nothing to do with the new remote starter. i asked them to just remove the remote starter but they were quite insistant that it was the body control module so they rebooted my system..let it sit all day to see if anything was draining my battery and then sent me on my merry way. im not really sure why if it was the body control module that they didnt replace the module?? im still quite skeptical that it was caused by the new remote start..i guess time will tell.