Malibu Another long running GM name, the Malibu has overcome many changes to be one of the top mid size sedans heading into its eight generation.

Chevrolet Malibu
This area is for FWD models 1997 and newer
Platform: N-, Epsilon, Epsilon II.

04 Malibu classic cd player problem

Search this Thread

Old May 8th, 2010, 1:25 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 04 Malibu classic cd player problem

The other day I ran my battery down on accident while waiting for my friend to help me change my tire (never done it before). We tried to start it or figure out what was wrong with it. We ejected my cd from my cd player while trying to start it and found it a lost cause and we'd need to jump it. We left my car because I was on the side of the highway and couldn't get to it to jump it.

The next day we were able to jump my car by calling AAA (I didn't have my AAA card on me at the time). All was fine until I tried to put my cd BACK into my cd player. It would make a weird noise and spit my cd back out and say Err. If I take the cd out, it continues to do the weird noise like it's trying to pull the cd in and keeps doing it over and over. If I put the cd back it, it takes it, does the noise then spits it out and I leave the cd sticking out it doesn't make the noise.

Did jumping my car do something to my cd player? Is there a way to fix it? Or just disable the cd player because I'm afraid since it's making those noises it's using my battery and I don't want to have to jump my car again because of it.

Thanks.
Old September 20th, 2011, 7:43 PM
CF Beginner

Unhappy

Has anyone figured a solution to this? I am having a similar problem. CD player sucks in cd's and wont eject them. when i press the eject button it says "No Disc".

Any help
Old September 24th, 2011, 12:12 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by MidnightSecret
Did jumping my car do something to my cd player? Is there a way to fix it? Or just disable the cd player because I'm afraid since it's making those noises it's using my battery and I don't want to have to jump my car again because of it.

Thanks.
Jumping the car shouldn't have done anything to the cd player, even if you reversed boosted the battery witch AAA can't do because they have a dummy switch on it that if the cables are hooked up backwards it will reverse the current, but if they did reverse boost the battery they would have just boiled the battery and it wouldnt have touched the cd player, as for the noise it is making i this that somthing is probably caught in the track and that why it keeps spitting out the cd and keeps making that sound, there could be another problem but im thinking somthing is stuck in the track. the noise wont kill your battery as long as your car is running because the alternator will charge the battery. actualy the alternator runs the whole car the battery is just to start it if you were to start your car and disconnet the battery while its running (DONT DO THAT THOUGH! VERRY DANGERIOUS) the car would stay running because it takes the power from the alternator.

Thanks

Ryemaster
Old September 24th, 2011, 1:55 PM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

Is it a multi disc changer?