Malibu Another long running GM name, the Malibu has overcome many changes to be one of the top mid size sedans heading into its eight generation.

Chevrolet Malibu
This area is for FWD models 1997 and newer
Platform: N-, Epsilon, Epsilon II.

Removing 2006 Malibu door panel

Old August 24th, 2011, 12:37 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Removing 2006 Malibu door panel

I'm trying to replace my passenger side view mirror and have searched high and low for accurate instructions on how to take off the door panel. I have a 2006 Chevy Malibu LT. I found the screw behind the door grip, and the two fasteners on the outside edge of the door. Can anyone tell me what else I need to do? How do you remove the inside door handle bezel? Please be specific.
Old August 30th, 2011, 11:18 AM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by aaronjam
I'm trying to replace my passenger side view mirror and have searched high and low for accurate instructions on how to take off the door panel. I have a 2006 Chevy Malibu LT. I found the screw behind the door grip, and the two fasteners on the outside edge of the door. Can anyone tell me what else I need to do? How do you remove the inside door handle bezel? Please be specific.
Aaronjam,

As far as I know you just release the tabs and push the door handle bezel from the door trim panel. It should just pop right out at this point. After that it's a simple matter of removing the clips and screws that hold the panel to the body. (refer to this 2006 Malibu Door Panel diagram)

Once you have removed the door panel, here's the rest of the procedure for replacing the side view mirror:

Disconnect the electrical connectors.

Remove the nuts from the mirror.

Remove the mirror from the front door.

Position the mirror to the front door.

Install the nuts to the mirror, starting at the lower left nut.

Tighten the mirror mounting nuts to 89 inch. lbs.(10 Nm).

Connect the electrical connectors.

Install the trim cover.

Install the front door trim panel.

Test the mirror to see if it was properly installed
Old September 27th, 2011, 10:35 AM
CF Beginner

for future referance to work on anything on your car i would sujest that you get yourself a hanz mannual, they have actually disasembled the car completely and reassembled it and have everything step by step. in the book.