Resetting the ABS Light - Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back   Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums > Current Chevrolet Car Models > Malibu

Malibu Another long running GM name, the Malibu has overcome many changes to be one of the top mid size sedans heading into its eight generation.

Chevrolet Malibu
This area is for FWD models 1997 and newer
Platform: N-, Epsilon, Epsilon II.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-01-2006, 11:46 AM
Default Resetting the ABS Light

My ABS light came on in my 2002 Chevy Malibu. I went and found out the light was on because the right front wheel speed sensor was bad. Well, we replaced the part and everything is working perfect, except, now my ABS light will not go out and I was told that it needs to be reset. Can someone please tell me how to do this? How do you reset the ABS light? I would appreciate any help. Thank you in advance for you time.

Old 11-01-2006, 08:55 PM
CF Pro Member
Default RE: Resetting the ABS Light

Try disconnecting the negative battery cable for a couple of hours, this will reset all the control modules. If the Abs light still comes on then you have other ABS brake related problems.