Malibu Another long running GM name, the Malibu has overcome many changes to be one of the top mid size sedans heading into its eight generation.

Chevrolet Malibu
This area is for FWD models 1997 and newer
Platform: N-, Epsilon, Epsilon II.

stop beeping

Search this Thread

Old November 24th, 2013, 11:06 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stop beeping

I have a 04 Chevy Malib that when in park and idleing it will beep 1 time then 4 sec pause then 2 beeps. 4 sec pause then 3 beeps. 4 sec pause then four beeps then it starts the cycle all over

Last edited by shanetill254; December 1st, 2013 at 9:22 PM.
Old August 8th, 2019, 11:20 PM
CF Beginner

Hi All!! I recently obtained a 2001 Chevy Malibu and am experiencing the exact same issue as stated above, except it seems that the beep pattern is 4 beeps, then 1 beep, then 2 beeps, then 3 beeps. It seems to only do this at idle and there are no warning lights on the dashboard cluster. All of the dashboard lights are functional at initial check when key turned to on and this beeping noise is higher pitched and quieter than the seatbelt/door warning chime. Car runs great other than this issue.

Any help figuring this strange audible code issue out is greatly appreciated.
-Marty
Old August 9th, 2019, 10:02 AM
I'm here for the party

Received 71 Likes on 66 Posts

he never got a response on here, i would also try to call a dealer and try to find out what the beeping is from. dont think ive ever seen anything in the users manual but then i never really looked for a "beep".

where does the noise seam to be coming from?
Old August 11th, 2019, 12:17 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Irish_alley
he never got a response on here, i would also try to call a dealer and try to find out what the beeping is from. dont think ive ever seen anything in the users manual but then i never really looked for a "beep".

where does the noise seam to be coming from?
I figured it was worth a shot to post a reply on this thread and maybe someone would have an answer. Didn't find anything specific in the owners manual regarding audible beeping codes. I called a dealer or two and they want me to bring in and charge me the diagnostic fee, no thanks. I'll be calling local auto shops that work on Chevy's and GM's next.

The noise seems to be coming from the radio area, not the speakers.
Old October 20th, 2021, 1:39 PM
CF Beginner

Default Beeping

I was wondering the same thing. I did the computer reset nothing worked so I was just started car and it started to do the 1 beep 2 beep 3 beep 4 beep and then I played with the unlock locking and it quit beeping