Malibu Another long running GM name, the Malibu has overcome many changes to be one of the top mid size sedans heading into its eight generation.

Chevrolet Malibu
This area is for FWD models 1997 and newer
Platform: N-, Epsilon, Epsilon II.

Time to Trade: Can I Get it to the Dealership?

Search this Thread

Old July 17th, 2013, 9:23 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Time to Trade: Can I Get it to the Dealership?

'03 Chevy Malibu occasionally losing power when coming off of the highway/slowing down at red lights. As long as I am driving above 35 everything seems to be okay. Had it taken into the shop and the only codes showing 0420 for the cat converter. I've read about other malibu owners having this problem and not being able to find any solutions. Oil and trans fluid were just recently changed and serpentine belt was just replaced. This happened about a month ago after a 3 hour trip on the highway and then the vehicle was fine for 3 or 4 weeks. Happened again last week but when the car was at the shop and mechanics were test driving it the problem never happened again.

SO, I know for sure I'm going to be trading in the ole Bu. My question is to others who have experienced this problem, how far did you make it after this problem started happening? How many days/weeks/months was it before the problem appeared again? I just want to get her the 2 hours to the dealership without breaking down.