Malibu Another long running GM name, the Malibu has overcome many changes to be one of the top mid size sedans heading into its eight generation.

Chevrolet Malibu
This area is for FWD models 1997 and newer
Platform: N-, Epsilon, Epsilon II.

traction control on the DIC

Search this Thread

Old April 17th, 2015, 1:16 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default traction control on the DIC

Sometimes when I go around a corner at 25 mph or above in my 2011 Lt and hit a bump the traction control and stability control will activate. This is very annoying. Is it normal?
Old June 3rd, 2015, 11:33 PM
CF Beginner

No, it's not normal.
Old June 4th, 2015, 10:03 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by tyty1000
Sometimes when I go around a corner at 25 mph or above in my 2011 Lt and hit a bump the traction control and stability control will activate. This is very annoying. Is it normal?
Hello tyty1000,

The traction control system limits wheel spin. This is especially useful in slippery road conditions. The system operates only if it senses that one or more of the wheels are spinning or beginning to lose traction. When this happens, the system works the brakes and reduces engine power to limit spin.

If this is something that concerns you, we recommend reaching out to your dealership for their expert opinion. If you'd like us to look into anything, feel free to send us a private message.

All the best,

Jasmine F
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old June 4th, 2015, 11:07 AM
CF Beginner

Default 2008 Malibu LT and Service Traction Control/Service ESC

Yesterday I picked up my car from the 4th round of the message in the DIC saying: Service Traction Control/Service ESC. I had to re-register for this forum so I can't find my posts of the other encounters with the same message. I do remember there were at least 10 others who were having the exact same problem and getting the run around about the cause of it. I posted the result of my encounter which involved a part that went bad/broke.

The car drove fine while this error was on in all cases. My coworker is a different case. Within the past couple of months, my coworker's 2008 Malibu either cut off or lost most of its power on her when the message appeared.

This time, this was printed on my receipt for the work: Customer states service stablitrac message is on and trac light is on. CHECKED AND FOUND BAD BPMV. REPLACED BPMV WORKING TO DESIGN. Had to pay $735 for the fix.

Good luck.

Courtney
Old June 4th, 2015, 9:07 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

busedjohnson I believe your situation is different than tyty1000's in that tyty1000's the "activation" of the Traction control system as Chevrolet Customer Service explained (it's basically doing its intended job) where as what you are seeing is an indication to have the system "serviced"...
Old June 4th, 2015, 11:25 PM
CF Beginner

Default Thanks

During this experience, I would go over a bump and the message would appear. This happened several times. Hopefully all is well now.