Monte Carlo & Lumina Since the 1970s, the Monte Carlo has been an icon of American stock car racing. A 4-door version, the Lumina, was produced in the late 90's.
Platform: A-, G-, & W-body

06 Monte Carlo Traction Control/Cruise Control Problem

Search this Thread

Old August 12th, 2011, 6:17 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 06 Monte Carlo Traction Control/Cruise Control Problem

Hi all, not sure if anyone can help, but on two different occasions when expressway driving with the cruise on and set around 70 when I hit around 200 miles the service traction control warning comes on and the cruise shuts down. Summer driving situation both times. When I pull over and shut down and restart all is fine. Took it to the dealer the next day and on both occasions no error codes registered. It is at the dealer now and they're stumped as much as I am. Anyone else had this happen? Thanks.
Old April 4th, 2012, 8:36 AM
CF Beginner

How can this issue be so widespread and no one can give a repair that takes care of the issue. I to own a 2006 monte carloand have traction control issues as well.can anyone help without aimlessley throwing money at it. My dealer wants 100 bucks just to check it
Old April 4th, 2012, 11:04 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> RANDY L,

It can be difficult to diagnose an issue like this over the internet. It may be a wiring or wiring harness issue, just a suggestion, not a diagnosis. I encourage you to have the vehicle inspected by a certified technician for a more accurate diagnosis.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old April 5th, 2012, 9:20 AM
CF Beginner

Default Traction control 2006 monte carlo

Thanks for your responce cuctomer service,my 2006 monte carlo is going to dealership on 4/9/12.i will not disclose any more issues on here in an effort to save face for g.m. I do love my monte carlo and hope these issues can be fixed
Old August 23rd, 2012, 9:33 AM
CF Beginner

my 06 monte does the same thing. what did the dealer find?
Old August 28th, 2012, 12:27 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by biohazarddave
my 06 monte does the same thing. what did the dealer find?
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> biohazarddave,

I'm sorry you are experiencing this issue. Have you had the vehicle inspected at your local dealer?

Please keep us posted.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old August 29th, 2012, 7:48 PM
CF Beginner

Default Fixed

Okay, they finally got mine figured out back in May and hopefully for good. Had the problem arise again and this time pulled into a Chevy dealer in Terra Haute, left the engine running and had them check the codes. Good people by the way. Anyway car was okay enough to drive back to home and had my local Chevy dealer do the work. Something to do with a magnet assembly, but Louis if you'd like to contact me I'll give you my info and you can look up the service work and post it as possible suggestions for the others. I can't put my hands on the paperwork to give everyone a full breakdown.
Old October 21st, 2013, 11:00 AM
CF Beginner

i would like to add to this issue. replaced both my front hubs (they needed to be replaced) and cleaned the contacts for the j-plugs thinking that some dirt had gotten in there. still happens. was recently told that i may need to replace the harness running from the hubs to the controller for the traction control? i have just gotten to the point that if i want to race some punk kid and i need that extra little hard shift, i will just live with it. i really don't want to shotgun this fix. (for those of you who are unaware of what a shotgun fix is... just throw a whole bunch of parts at it and hope something fixes it). something that a dealership won't do under warranty.

what really tweaks me about all of this, is the fact that this is a known issue with chevrolet vehicles and nothing has happened to repair.

if anyone wants to contact me directly.... biohazarddave@gmail.com