Monte Carlo & Lumina Since the 1970s, the Monte Carlo has been an icon of American stock car racing. A 4-door version, the Lumina, was produced in the late 90's.
Platform: A-, G-, & W-body

2002 monte carlo PROBLEMS!

Search this Thread

Old October 21st, 2012, 2:44 PM
TMM
New User
Awaiting E-mail Confirmation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 2002 monte carlo PROBLEMS!

I have a 2002 Monte Carlo. I am having problems with my car not starting. The A/C and door locks do not work. I have replaced the fuses but they just blow again. If I use the key fob it will not work plus it will make my car not start. I have to disconnect the positive battery cable to get it to start again. Also my car will display locked in the radio and the car will not start. I have to disconnect the battery cable but leave it disconnected for hours before it will start again. Can someone please help me. I am a new member and I might have already posted this but I am having a issues navigating through here.

Last edited by TMM; October 21st, 2012 at 2:46 PM.
Old December 6th, 2012, 12:38 PM
CF Beginner

i would check the grounds haveing to do with the locks and the fuses you say keep blowing. you could have a short somewhere messing with the computer.
Old December 6th, 2012, 1:48 PM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

Give more detail about the a/c door lock fuse issue, are you running the a/c, operating the door locks? Does it just blow when installing the fuse, or when you turn the key, example.
Old January 15th, 2013, 7:18 PM
TMM
New User
Awaiting E-mail Confirmation

Well I replaced the fuses for the fans and the door locks. They worked for a few minutes and then blew. I replaced them again and they just keep blowing when I use the door locks or if I don't they still blow. The fans worked for about 5 minutes and then blew when the car was running. The weird thing is, if I use the key fob, my car will not start. I have to disconnect the positive battery cable. Of course in the summer my car overheats cause the fans will not work. I have tried to relearn the key by turning the key to ACC for 10 min and then cutting it off for a certain amount of seconds. Doing that 3 times in a row. That didn't work. I have seen on the forums that a lot of people are having these problems. I hope someone finds a solution for all of us. Thanks for any information.

Last edited by TMM; January 15th, 2013 at 7:22 PM.
Old January 25th, 2015, 1:44 PM
CF Beginner

I have had similar problems with my 02 Monte. It would start when it felt like it. When it didn't, turn the key and nothing happened. When it did start, no gauges. Sometimes I would slam the trunk and it would start. Based on what I read on the internet, I replaced the BCM yesterday. Now the horn blows all the time and it won't start at all. For now I removed the horn relay. Still no start. I know it has to be programmed at the GM dealer, but I thought it would start long enough for me to get it there. Any suggestions?
Old March 1st, 2015, 5:39 PM
CF Active Member

Buy a book and start studying the wiring diagrams .

God bless
Wyr