Monte Carlo & Lumina Since the 1970s, the Monte Carlo has been an icon of American stock car racing. A 4-door version, the Lumina, was produced in the late 90's.
Platform: A-, G-, & W-body

passkeyII reset,or override

Search this Thread

Old July 19th, 2010, 3:42 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry passkeyII reset,or override

Hello again, I have a 99' Lumina with the 3.1 liter v6. I just finished replaceing the front subframe, rack and pinion, and right front fender in my driveway. Now when I was pryming the steering system with fluid, the car started just fine. I finished my work on the fender and started it again when I test drove the car. Today, I get a call from my wife saying the car will not start. I come home and try myself with no luck. I get dash lights , and head lights, but when I turn the key to start, I get NOTHING BUT THE SOUND OF MY KEYS JIGGLING in the ignition. No starter bump, or engine turnover at all.
I am a shadetree mech, and have hit a wall. Someone PLEASE help.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions,
stein
Old July 26th, 2010, 10:37 AM
CF Beginner

Had a similar issue recently. Never found the root cause. Try disconnecting the battery '-' terminal, leave it for a minute or so, then reconnect. Worked for me. Thinking maybe it reset something that was stuck in it's electronic brain.
Old November 4th, 2010, 11:56 AM
CF Beginner

not to hijack your thread but i have to replace my rack and pinion also could you give me some tips on how you did it? and also my car did something similar, i have a 99 lumina 3100 i was working on the car and had the battery disconnected now my remote system doesnt work and the car locks the doors when i start the car and unlocks them when i turn it off it never did that before.