LOW COOLANT LIGHT - 2000 Chevrolet Lumina - Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

LOW COOLANT LIGHT - 2000 Chevrolet Lumina

CF Beginner

June 3rd, 2009, 9:49 AM   #1  

Hi. I was told by 3 different people that I needed to have my Low Coolant sensor replaced. The light was coming on intermittently at first, then flickering, then stayed on. All levels of coolant were fine.

I had the sensor replaced and now the light just stays on constantly. Is it something with the computer? I don't know. I was also suggested to unhook the battery for a few seconds and hook it back, that that should reset things.

Could that help or what else could it be?? Help! Thanks

Super Moderator
ROTM Coordinator

Orange County, CA

June 3rd, 2009, 9:52 AM   #2  
Can you pull the sensor out and see if its clogged or dirty, maybe a simple cleaning on the sensor might do the trick. Just trying to think of things to try without spending $$.

CF Beginner

June 3rd, 2009, 10:48 AM   #3  

Yes, we did already have the sensor replaced this week and it's still the same problem - light constantly on

Super Moderator
ROTM Coordinator

Orange County, CA

June 3rd, 2009, 10:50 AM   #4  
Dont know how I missed that , you clearly posted it Id try the battery disconnect for 10-15 min.

CF Beginner

June 3rd, 2009, 12:14 PM   #5  
LOW COOLANT - 2000 Chevrolet Lumina

Thanks . . . I will suggest that to my husband tonite to try it. I don't believe it has tried it already.

If you think of anything else, please post! Appreciate it!!

Super Moderator
ROTM Coordinator

Orange County, CA

June 3rd, 2009, 12:17 PM   #6  
I am sure some other members will chime in and have more info on your problem. At least the battery disconnect does not cost any $$ even if it does not correct the problem.

CF Active Member

minnesota

June 5th, 2009, 11:52 AM   #7  
verry well could be a short or corosion in the wires... kind of a pain to track that stuf......

Tags
Search this Thread
Sponsors