Monte Carlo & Lumina Since the 1970s, the Monte Carlo has been an icon of American stock car racing. A 4-door version, the Lumina, was produced in the late 90's.
Platform: A-, G-, & W-body

Monte Carlo 01' SS, service vehicle light, surging, stock stereo

Search this Thread

Old January 31st, 2016, 2:31 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Monte Carlo 01' SS, service vehicle light, surging, stock stereo

Hi, everyone...
This is my first post ( I read rules).
01'Monte Carlo SS 3.8L./ fwd
Current issues: Not passing CO. Emissions.
•surging (when warm), at stop light & dies occasionally
•service engine, low oil light is new (oils not low, we changed / cleaned all the plugs, connectors, cables, etc.).
•throwing a PO300 code (now off)
•newer cat. 3 years old (was purchased without one)
•changed down stream oxygen sensor, already ordered the upstream oxygen sensor (arriving soon)
*Stock stereo was upgraded...read we should put it back in, so we just did...it won't power on? Is it pass locked?
By "we" my DIY husband, we love our Monte & have done a ton of work in/out, body/paint...
I Have exhausted all general forum's, info. searches, etc.
I turn to you- I'll patiently await ANY help-advice,link,assistance,ideas,suggestions- THANK YOU. Niki / Frank

Last edited by Nacole Wagner; January 31st, 2016 at 2:35 AM. Reason: Spell check
Old January 31st, 2016, 8:17 PM
CF Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

do you have a scantool? the p0300 would be the place to start if its the only code you're getting. Have you checked fuel pressure/volume? If the low oil light is on and the level is fine its most likely a level sensor issue but that wouldn't effect drivability/idling

If you have a scantool watch the misfire data to narrow down which cylinder and see what the fuel trims are reading at idle and held around 2500rpm