New Member Welcome Area New to CF? Stop in and introduce yourself.
This section is not for help threads.
Please introduce yourself here, but go to your model vehicle section to post questions and get answers to them. Thanks! :)

06 Impala LS won't start!

Search this Thread

Old July 10th, 2011, 11:13 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation 06 Impala LS won't start!

I have a 2006 Impala LS, had it for about 5 months now and I HATE it! As we were leaving the dealership it wouldn't start the guys came out and luckily started it, they said we were using the wrong key. So we went on our way. The next week it wouldn't start, not at all. It'd click over and everything would turn on like it should except for the car! We google'd it and found everyone was having a passlock security problem and bypassing it was a good idea. So we tried it and it worked! For a good month we had maybe two times it wouldn't remote start rather than the daily problem so we were happy it was starting period. Every month for about a week it likes to not start, you have to try and try and try to get it to start, even then sometimes it won't. It seems to have problems when it's humid, rainy, and when the car has been on for a while then turned off for a very short time (like running into the store). I bought it for 8 grand cash and am very upset that I broke the bank to get this amazing, very pretty car. That's barely a car at all. I hate it and want to get rid of it but who wants to by a car that has a starting problem and is impossible to fix (from what I hear). Please help!!!
Old July 11th, 2011, 7:18 AM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It sounds like a factory defect to me. I'm not a mechanic, but I think the problem is in the steering column. It sounds like the key reader is not reading the chip in the key properly. I think this thing is called SKEEM, but can't be positive. You really need to contact one of the Chevrolet Customer Service people that are all over this board and see if you can get some help. I'd be very pissed off too.