New Member Welcome Area New to CF? Stop in and introduce yourself.
This section is not for help threads.
Please introduce yourself here, but go to your model vehicle section to post questions and get answers to them. Thanks! :)

New from NC

Search this Thread

Old August 19th, 2014, 7:02 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New from NC

Hello, my name is Mike and current ride is a 03 Silverado ECSB 2wd, 5.3L with Spectre drop in air filter, Kenwood radio on Bose system, and 02 Sierra wheels with 03 Silverado center caps. Old Silverado wheels had the cracked clear coat / pitted wheels. I've had GM vehicles all my life except for 1 truck (91 F-250 HD). At one time I was building a 37 Studebaker 4 door sedan with all GM drive train. I have been in NC for 1 1/2 months now. I got a transfer from the company I work for. Prior to this, I was in Berea, Kentucky and prior to that Illinois. I am a service engineer for a machinery manufacturer. Basically, a factory troubleshooter. Been with the same company for the last 19 years. I have attached more pictures to my album if interested.
Attached Thumbnails New from NC-081814-b.jpg  
Old August 20th, 2014, 9:26 AM
CF Junior Member

Nice truck! Is it dark ray or green? it is hard to say...
Old August 20th, 2014, 2:50 PM
Administrator

Received 154 Likes on 152 Posts

Welcome to the forum.
Old August 21st, 2014, 6:25 AM
CF Beginner

It is dark gray and silver. Truck had 127,000ish miles when I got it. So far I've done a transmission pan drop and filter, differential fluid, fuel filter, Spectre drop in air filter. I did all this since I didn't know when (or if) the service intervals had ever been done. Still need to do plugs, wires, and coolant. Thought a coolant flush would be a good idea since it seems hotter in North Carolina than it was in Kentucky.

The GMC wheels, Tonneau Pro Tri Fold cover and dash carpet are all Craigslist finds. I wasn't sure about the dash carpet, but for $10 and it being gray, it was hard to pass up.

Always looking for ideas to upgrade. This is the 3rd NBS (99-07) I've owned (1st was 02 ECSB 2wd gray and 2nd was 04 ECSB Z71 silver). Ironic that newest is both colors.
Old August 27th, 2014, 1:04 AM
CF Active Member

Looks like you got good rides before and now, welcome! Sounds like a project you got there, you will tons of info and inspiration on upgrades here.