New Member Welcome Area New to CF? Stop in and introduce yourself.
This section is not for help threads.
Please introduce yourself here, but go to your model vehicle section to post questions and get answers to them. Thanks! :)

wont start when raining or humid

Search this Thread

Old May 1st, 2007, 5:08 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wont start when raining or humid

98 chevy 1 ton 454 ,when its rainy or real humid it will not start,but when the sun comes out and dries every thing out it runs great. The local shops have replaced dist cap,coil, computer,reset all settings , checked fuel pressure, the truck has 100000 miles on it and started this about 6 months ago! One of the shops said it didnt have enough spark to start it and the after lunch it had warmed up and dried up and they tried it and it started then they checked the spark and it was very strong. Now every one is puzzled and Im broke .
Old May 2nd, 2007, 2:09 PM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: wont start when raining or humid

Welcome to the Chevrolet Forum!!!!!

Try posting your ? in the general tech area or in the Truck/SUV section that applies to your model vehicles for more responses. Good Luck.
Old May 3rd, 2007, 4:50 AM
CF Beginner

Default RE: wont start when raining or humid

Hey I kinda of have a similar problem. Mine doesn't run right when it's even the slightest bit cold out. She hesitates real bad. I know this doesn't answer any questions you have,but at least there's someone out here who can relate.

Old October 2nd, 2016, 2:01 PM
CF Beginner

Default still won't start

I have tried everything thats been mentioned. my truck still won't start when it even looks like it might be getting a little cloudy. i have been to 3 different shops and 4 mechanics. replaced distributor, cap, roter,wires, plugs, cam shaft sensor. on a non humid day i sprayed it with water everywhere and I could not get it to miss. love my truck and don't want another car payment. Please does anyone have any other suggestions.
Old October 5th, 2016, 7:57 PM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

When it won't start due to humidity, pop the distributor cap, spray it with some WD40, reinstall, then does it start?
Old February 23rd, 2021, 10:29 AM
Administrator

Received 154 Likes on 152 Posts

Welcome to the forum. If you post your question in the Silverado section, you will get more views.