Northwest WA, OR, AK

2008 suburban

Search this Thread

Old June 2nd, 2016, 11:29 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 suburban

I have a leak that comes out from the passenger seatbelt behind the driver when it rains. When we take off after a rain we hear water sloshing and then it comes out of he seatbelt and drenches whomever is sitting there. Sometimes you see a ring of water above the seatbelt on the "B" pillar. We have tightened the roof rack with no success. Does have a sunroof, but wouldn't the water come out somewhere else? Any ideas as to why this is happening?
Old June 3rd, 2016, 10:57 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Catiedid
I have a leak that comes out from the passenger seatbelt behind the driver when it rains. When we take off after a rain we hear water sloshing and then it comes out of he seatbelt and drenches whomever is sitting there. Sometimes you see a ring of water above the seatbelt on the "B" pillar. We have tightened the roof rack with no success. Does have a sunroof, but wouldn't the water come out somewhere else? Any ideas as to why this is happening?
Hello Catiedid,

I'm sorry to hear about this water leak concern you're experiencing in your Suburban and I can understand your frustration with this situation. I'd be more than willing to research your VIN to see if there are any open recalls or service announcements associated with your vehicle at this time. Please send us a private message along with your VIN if this is of interest to you.

Kindly,

Chelsea D.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old June 3rd, 2016, 9:29 PM
CF Veteran

Received 203 Likes on 177 Posts

My 93 (much older, probably different body style now) had an interesting leak around the driver's side tail light. It allowed water to slowly accumulate in the quarter panel, eventually spilling out in the back, soaking the rug. Wonder if the sloshing you are hearing is water in between body panels. I fixed mine with expanding foam from the hardware store. Hasn't leaked in 10+ years
Old December 27th, 2016, 1:33 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you haven't found an answer yet get your sunroof drain checked. If it's not the drain get your sunroof seal replaced. I had the same problem with my truck and it ended up being the sunroof seal. I was traveling cross country when it decided to really let go during a heavy rain storm. I hope this helps.