Other All other Chevrolet model related talk within.

1998 olds silhouette engine troubles

Search this Thread

Old March 8th, 2010, 3:53 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 1998 olds silhouette engine troubles

I have a 1998 olds silhouette that stalls out at higher rpms .. It almost seems as though it is not getting fuel at a certain rpm. I have no idea what rpm since the tachometer failed about the same time this started happening.. I have tested the fuel system pressure and it is good.. I also had the ignition module tested and it is good.. I replaced the fuel filter and pressure regulator(prior to buying the fuel pressure tester). There are no codes being generated by the ecm/pcm other than the one I caused this morning shooting starter fluid through the maf sensor (p0102).. when i shot the starter fluid though the intake while at the high rpm it stumbles at it continued to run( did not stumble) so it appears to be fuel related but my guage says it has 47 psi while running ..the needle does fluctuate slightly but only about 3 psi up or down.. does anyone have any idea what this could be.. it has the 3.4 sfi engine... any help would be greatly appreciated.. short of replacing everything in the fuel or fuel injection timing system I have no idea where to go next....Thanks in advance Mike