Other All other Chevrolet model related talk within.

2012 Chevy Captiva PROBLEMS!!!

Old August 29th, 2016, 7:54 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2012 Chevy Captiva PROBLEMS!!!

Wife's 2012 Chevy Captiva was great for the first few months we bought it. One day she called me and said it went into low power mode and then it popped up Service Stabilitrak, Service Traction Control, and ABS. After this one incident it never went back into low power mode. The messages would show up from time to time but it would still drive fine. The radio does seem to go off by itself sometimes though. A few weeks ago she went to pick up pizza and it did the same thing going into low power mode and then she could not get it to crank for a few minutes. She limped it back home and I drove it around with no problem. Took it to a local mechanic and told him everything it was doing. Only light that was on when we dropped it off was check engine light. He told us it had a bulletin for actuators and proceeded to change them and give it back totaling $500. Two days later the warning lights came back on but it has not gone into low power mode. I have been researching online and someone suggested disabling OnStar so I did that....no help. I see alot of people talking about throttle body replacement and maybe wheel sensors. The car is not under warranty anymore....we bought it used with about 75,000 miles on it and it had 90,000 something on it now. I am worried about taking it to a dealer and them trying different stuff and paying for "fixes" that do not fix anything. She has to have the car everyday. I could change the throttle body but I was hoping someone had this same problem with this same year make and model and could offer some good advice. I keep thinking it has to be something electrical.....the local mechanic said he checked all of the ground wires to make sure all of that was ok....but he said something about a low voltage he was getting so I am not sure what to think. Thanks alot everyone.

Search this Thread