Other All other Chevrolet model related talk within.

pulls right

Search this Thread

Old April 5th, 2013, 12:48 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry pulls right

im not sure if this is the right location for this but maybe someone can help me out . i have a 1984 chevy c20. the problem im experiencing is it wants to pull to the right when applying the brakes this happens at any speed i have done a lot of work to the beast ive replaced the rear drum brakes the front brakes and calpers and have had an alignment .upper and lower ball joints ...when i took it in for the alignment the guy at the shop told me it was the calipers so i changed those last night and to no availim kinda thinking maybe im missing something i did change the upper control arm bushings both when i changed the ball joints and it pulled before that but there was so much slack in the front end

Lonewolfe

Last edited by lonewolfe; April 5th, 2013 at 7:29 PM. Reason: more info
Old April 6th, 2013, 2:30 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well i rekon ill figure it out on my own... just thought id take a stab that maybe someone else might have an issue similar to mine ...thanks to everyone who took the time to look anyway
Old April 6th, 2013, 2:32 PM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

Might be nobody knows? I'd suggest caliper, you posted it was replaced, however new dosen't mean good.
Old April 13th, 2013, 12:39 AM
Super Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you're sure you got all the Air blead out of the system and it's still doing it, then...

1) On the front Clappers, are you sure that the Cups are the same size on both wheels ? You might have got a mis-matched set. Wouldn't be all that much trouble to pull the wheels, and slip them off where you could get a real accurate measurement on them. Even 1/8" can make a LOT of difference.

2) Pinched/bent Steel Brake line, inhibiting movement of the Fluid.

3) Deterioration in the Flexible Brake Line, inhibiting movement of the Fluid.
If there's any possibility of this, you can take both the Flexible and the steel lines/connectors apart, and reverse blow them with high pressure Air. But, just replacing a crapped up component is the better way, and a must if it's a Flexible Hose.

ANY REPLACEMENT OF A BRAKE LINE MUST BE WITH A PROPERLY FLARED STEEL LINE...DO NOT USE COPPER ! ! !

Sorry about the delay in response, I don't look in this section all that often.

Last edited by SWHouston; April 13th, 2013 at 12:56 AM.