Other All other Chevrolet model related talk within.

SSr Overheating

Search this Thread

Old June 25th, 2007, 10:32 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SSr Overheating

Hi:

New to Chevy and this forum. My SSR overheats when I take it out for a drive and get in slow traffic or come to an ideled stop. Anyone else having this probelm??

Thanks.
Old July 13th, 2007, 2:03 PM
CF Beginner

Default RE: SSr Overheating

It's my understanding there may be a Technical Service Bulletin about this. I have an '05 with 30,500 miles on it that started doing this just today. Mine appears to overheat when I'm running the A/C. If I use 65/2 air conditioning (a/c off and two windows down), the temperature drops back down into the normal range. I will be taking mine into the dealership pronto.

Good luck. Hope you're enjoying that ride.
Old August 1st, 2007, 10:28 AM
CF Beginner

This is a problem with the computer program (my opinion), the fan turns on verylate (230) to keep it cool in stop and go traffic. One solution is to have the cpu reprogramed or replace the fan with an aftermarket unit. See the web site of ssrfanatics for more info, there is a lot of info on this problem.
If the problem just started check the relays and fan for proper operation, that is also a problem.

Good Luck
Old November 23rd, 2008, 9:59 PM
CF Beginner

This is an isssue with the two stage radiator fan . it is covered by recall so it shouldnt cost anything to fix, also if you still have your SSR, have them check the drive shaft as many were delivered with the shaft incorrectly installed . there is a tell tail TINK noise. nad finnally check the interior door handels as they are prone to failing. All of these issues are covered under TSB for each. if you have any other questions or just want to talk with other SSR owners go to www.ssrforum.com !
Speed-