Paint, Body, & Interior Getting resprayed? Want to discuss body modifications? What about your carpeting and upholstery? This is the place for it!

How to paint your calipers

Search this Thread

Old May 12th, 2010, 12:24 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Painting your cars brake calipers will not increase it's performance,but it will definitely give it the look.You can Paint your calipers its a very simple process that gives your car a sporty look.You can use a wire brush to clean the caliper.This removes dirt,corrosion and brake dust.
Old May 12th, 2010, 6:36 AM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

I used off the shelf Rust-Oleum enamel Sun Burst Yellow from the local HD. they have held up very well for over a year now, I have done some touch up for a couple of rock chips but have had no issues with peeling.

I removed the wheels, left the calipers on the vehicle, cleaned them with isopropyl alcohol, only painted the portion of the calipers that you actually see from the road. I put the wheels back on while the paint was still tacky, pulled her into the garage and let it dry over night... I have a picture or two of it in my profile
Old October 27th, 2012, 2:26 AM
CF Beginner

the best of the best thing is to take the car to garage and show it of to mechanic he will give the best possible solution for this
Old January 1st, 2014, 10:41 AM
CF Beginner

These are very helpful tips for all of us thanks for sharing.

Last edited by SWHouston; March 6th, 2014 at 1:00 AM. Reason: removed spam links
Old November 17th, 2019, 3:39 PM
CF Beginner

I did this to my calipers on my first car, it looked great! The colored calipers showing through my Keystone mags and made a big difference on my Camaro. I cleaned, sanded and primed before painting. Left it to sit on blocks in the heat during the sunny day. Put my wheels back on the next afternoon.

Got some compliments on it. It really looked so different.