ROTM Winners This section is for showcasing the ROTM winner.

mudmaniac- October 2009 ROTM Winner!

Search this Thread

Old October 2nd, 2009, 5:19 PM
Super Moderator
ROTM Coordinator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up mudmaniac- October 2009 ROTM Winner!

October 2009
Ride of the Month

MudManiac's
Tahoe 2-Door

Bio:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mudmaniac
Here’s a little bio on my Tahoe.

Long before I ever had a drivers license, my favorite dream vehicle was a K-5 Blazer. I never got around to getting one before the responsibility of married life and kids came along. Finally after over 20 years of dreaming, I actually had a 2 year old 95 K-5 Tahoe with 100,000. highway miles on it, issued to me as a company vehicle.

That was in 97 and in 05 after putting another 165,000. miles on it, I bought it for $1. from the company. This thing was still in mint condition and turned heads where ever I went. This is when I started going to work on it.

1st came the motor, the trans had been replaced just before it was signed over to me, I new I wanted more power than the stock replacement so I started looking at Jasper Class II performance motors and decided on the 383 rated at 325 hp at 5,000. RPM and 415. ft. lbs. at 3600 RPM. I had that installed with the original intake and throttle body. We added headers, dual high flow cats and Flowmasters run straight out the back. We also changed the radiator and both the oil and trans cooler as well as all the hoses. That was the only work with the help of a mechanic.

Next came the 6” lift kit, 35” Super Swampers, a rear locker and 4.56 gears.

I welded the front spider gears because they don’t make a locker for the 8.25” IFS differential. That when I new it was off road only now, or most of the time anyway. That’s when I started racing it at mud bog competitions and I did really well the 1st year.

The off season found me installing an edelbrock Performer TBI intake manifold, a Holley throttle body and a 150 HP nitrous shot. I did much better the 2nd season, 10 podiums out of a total of 12 races.

This season starts 5/23 and I am currently adding a 4 point roll bar and a 4 point harness along with my new fire rated driving suit to meet the new safety requirement, I also added universal covers and drive shaft hoops.

The latest upgrade was the front solid axle swap, a dana 44 with a mini spool..

Octobers '09 ROTM Runners-Up
MDTAHOE
tm4hammer