S-10 & Blazer 1982-2005
The S-10 and Blazer was arguably the most versatile and accessorizable mid-size truck and SUV on the market.
Platform: S/T-series & GMT 330

01 Blazer 4.3 Liter

Search this Thread

Old August 24th, 2014, 6:40 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 01 Blazer 4.3 Liter Intermediate #2 misfire

I keep getting an intermediate #2 misfire. The check engine light comes on and off and I cannot pin point anything in particular that is causing it. Whether the light is on or off, if I connect my computer to the car it shows a #2 misfire. Whether the light is on or off if I speed up to around 65 to 70 MPH the check engine light will begin to flash until I slow down to around 60 MPH. The car idles fine and appears to start and drive well. I am not sure about gas mileage because the car started doing this shortly after I purchased it about 6 months ago. I know I am getting around 17 miles to the gallon of gas. I keep the air pressure in the tires up, air filter is clean, Sea Foam gas additive in gas tank, oil changed, new coolant in the radiator, new spark plugs properly gaped, new spark plug wires, new distributor, new rotor button, new battery and a new EVAP purge valve. I have checked combustion pressure at each spark plug chamber. Everyone of them are right at 180 psi and I did a pressure test on the fuel line pressure. I connected my gauge to the fuel line and start the car the pressure builds to 60 psi and then turn the car off and the pressure drops to 55 psi and then builds back up to 60 psi and holds there until I relieve the pressure by the button on the side of the gauge. The only other thing I have done is this, with the check engine light on if I connect my timing light to spark plug wire 2 the light flashes kind of erratically compared to the other wires. When the light is off but computer still sees a #2 misfire, the light flashes in rhythm with the other wires. Can some please help me and thanks in advance.

Last edited by Hollow36; August 24th, 2014 at 9:55 PM. Reason: To better title.