S-10 & Blazer 1982-2005
The S-10 and Blazer was arguably the most versatile and accessorizable mid-size truck and SUV on the market.
Platform: S/T-series & GMT 330

1992 Chevy Blazer audio & equalizer problems

Old December 9th, 2008, 10:58 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1992 Chevy Blazer audio & equalizer problems

I just bought a 1992 Chevy Blazer (full size) and it came with the stock radio and the stock upgraded equalizer/ tape deck. I really had never seen anything like the equalizer before even with my family being long time Chevy enthusiast. When I bought it I knew the stereo wasn't working and thought it would be an easy fix like a fuse or something. Ok so here's the weird thing.... The whole stereo dash lights up except the screen where it would normally display the time and the buttons below it which are preset buttons 1,2, and three. On the equalizer/tape deck the little screen is just black also, I am not quite sure what it is supposed to do since like I said before I had never seen one until now. I only knew it was a stock upgrade by looking it up in the manual and there being a picture of it. Hoping for a simple solution, but knowing probably wouldn't work I tried the fuses but they didn't help, especially because nothing else that is connected to those fuses is not working.

I would greatly appreciate any help I could get with this!!! I plan to most likely put in a new stereo system but I wanted to figure this out first so I know if it's going to affect putting in a new one. And I am new to the area I live in and I don't want some shop ripping me off just to figure this out.

Thank you ahead of time for any help you can give me with this!!!!
Old December 11th, 2008, 6:17 PM
Banned

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Default RE: 1992 Chevy Blazer audio & equalizer problems

Check the power, ground, and ignition going to the radio. If thats all good, its probably the radio itself