Go Back   Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums > Past Chevy Truck, SUV & Vans > S-10 & Blazer
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

S-10 & Blazer 1982-2005
The S-10 and Blazer was arguably the most versatile and accessorizable mid-size truck and SUV on the market.
Platform: S/T-series & GMT 330

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-01-2011, 03:43 PM
CF Beginner

Default 1994 chevy s10 4.3l vin w Ignition Timing?

1994 chevy s10 4.3l vin w Ignition Timing? In the book it says to unhook the tan and black stripe wire but do not unhook it from the distributor itself...I have looked over the wireing harness and cannot find were to unhook it from and I have did the base timing on reg 1500 305 trucks and it is by the fuel pump relay but this one is not I am need to find this wire or connector to unhook it and also all the stickers are missing from the engine compartment which means I have no idea what degree to set the base at...Thanks
Register today for free or log-in if already registered to remove this ad!
Old 06-25-2011, 09:03 AM
CF Beginner

The wire you need to disconnect to set the base timing is located behind the carpet on the passengers side where the carpet tucks up under the dashboard. Set the base timing to 0 degrees with engine idling at normal temperature. Reconnect wire then clear trouble code by disconnecting the negative battery cable for 20 seconds.
Old 09-06-2011, 10:54 AM
CF Beginner

Default Same

I have the same problem. However, I cannot find the tan/black wire under the passenger side carpet. Is there any other place the disconnect would be found. 1994 s10 vin W.
Old 08-01-2012, 04:45 PM
CF Beginner

if you take the under dash panel loose right below the glove box ( four screws and the computer is attached to it) follow the wiring to the side wall. taped to the wiring harness you will find the brown wire with black connector.
Old 08-01-2012, 04:45 PM

Tags
1994, 1994chevy, 43, 94, blazer, chevrolet, chevy, codes, color, forum, ignition, s10, time, timing, v6, wiring