S-10 & Blazer 1982-2005
The S-10 and Blazer was arguably the most versatile and accessorizable mid-size truck and SUV on the market.
Platform: S/T-series & GMT 330

97 zr2 with 4.3 flooding out plugs

Search this Thread

Old May 4th, 2016, 8:24 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 97 zr2 with 4.3 flooding out plugs

I have a 97 s10 zr2 with auto tranny and the 4.3 with central sequential injection.i just bought from a guy that said he was doing a tune up and couldnt get to start.so far this is what ive done
replaced distributer
replaced fuel pressure regulator
did fuel pump test and keys up to 65 psi then slowly bleeds down to 40 after about 5 minutes.
I have the plenum remove now and fuel lines hooked back up along with fuel test gauge inline.i pulled all the popetts out so i could see if they were leaking buy during key up and they werent.
no leakage visiable in plenum area.
i pulled the fuel pump out some to inspect and all looks good there.
with fuel pump lines and connectors plugged back in like normal but with assembly up out of tank some so i could watch if anything wrong there during key up,No fuel leaks or anything i could see un normal.the wasnt any fuel coming back from return but im not sure if it returns ant fuel when just keying up?
the timing is dead nuts,cleaned throttle body and all sensor,cleaned map sensor,egr,new plugs,new wires,new cap,new rotor,new fuel pressure regulator,new coil,.also checked cat converter for cloging but its allready been gutted out.Im running out of pateince and ideas,PLEASE HELP
Old May 4th, 2016, 8:27 AM
CF Beginner

getn great spark at all plugs,
compression is 160 -165psi
timing dead nuts with new distributer
flooding plugs out when keying up and trying to start.
Im thinking the fuel spider is bad,injectors stuck or malfunctioning and dumping fuel into cycladers so much that it wont start.pops hard then wont do anything once plugs are wet.
Old May 5th, 2016, 1:00 PM
CF Beginner

someone gots to have had the same problem as me and fixed it.