S-10 & Blazer 1982-2005
The S-10 and Blazer was arguably the most versatile and accessorizable mid-size truck and SUV on the market.
Platform: S/T-series & GMT 330

2000 S10 automatic transmission issue

Search this Thread

Old March 11th, 2016, 2:15 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 S10 automatic transmission issue

Hi. I bought a used 2000 S10 that had s number of mechanical issues. It runs great now except for the transmission issue. It shifts up, but only gently - slow accelleration is fine, it upshifts when it should. But to stomp on the gas causes it tk not hit its next gears - it just revs high but won't shift. Everything else about it seems fine - it goes into drive, reverse, ir park as it should, and it seems to downshift okay too. The only problem is on hard acceleration. It throws a transmission code due to the transmission slippage. Some upper thing was spinning faster than the lower thing. I've had about 7 quarts of the fluid changed and the filter, abd also trued the Lucas transmission product but nothing has improved. The first time I had the codes read there were two - thd second code was on the wheel speed sensor. Does snyone kniw where the trabsmission wheel speed sensor is located, or whether there is a more likely cause for this problem? U'vd spent too much on this truck already and am afraid of being finsncislly raped by a transmission shop. The truck has 159K miles. Any ideas or suggestions would be much appreciated. Thank you.