S-10 & Blazer 1982-2005
The S-10 and Blazer was arguably the most versatile and accessorizable mid-size truck and SUV on the market.
Platform: S/T-series & GMT 330

2001 Chevy S10 secondary air injection pump

Search this Thread

Old February 15th, 2017, 1:48 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 Chevy S10 secondary air injection pump

I bought a used 2001 S10 LS from a car lot and the check engine light came on soon after purchase. I checked all emission hoses and found that the long rubber hose at the secondary air injection pump was connected and in place, but the opposite end was not connected to anything?!? I have looked and looked and cannot find where the hose is supposed to connect. Further research shows that hose in question is the long one which I presume is the Air Intake Hose. Some say it is to connect with the Air Filter?!? However the hose curves down and does not go anywhere near the air filter stuff. Does anyone know of a diagram or photo that shows where the long hose should be connected? I have attached a file photo of the pump which shows the long hose connected to pump, but where does the unconnected end of hose connect? The engine is the V6 (4.3?). So the area of where the long hose should connect is very crowded with all kinds of hoses and wiring. I assume that the short hose shown in photo below is the exhaust manifold hose with Air Shut off Valve??

Last edited by ircountry; February 15th, 2017 at 1:53 PM. Reason: Add photo of secondary air injection pump