S-10 & Blazer 1982-2005
The S-10 and Blazer was arguably the most versatile and accessorizable mid-size truck and SUV on the market.
Platform: S/T-series & GMT 330

2001 S10 Right Front Issue

Search this Thread

Old February 10th, 2008, 3:06 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 S10 Right Front Issue

2001 S10 Crew Cab ( electronic 4wd )

While driving down the road, and out of the blue and not consistant, My truck will start making whine/ zipping sound
sounds seem to be coming from the right front side, while driving in normal 2wd. Noise slows down as the veh slows,Once I press the 4wd the noise will stop but even then I can hear a clicking as I make a turn. but the whine / zip sound stops. This issue happens at random, I have had the Shift Cable replaced, Wheel bearing assembly replaced and the actuator/ hoses replaced and this issue is still happening, Any ideas on the probable causes would be greatl appreciated

thxs
Old April 1st, 2016, 6:15 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help

Did anyone have a answer fir this? Im having the same issue. Was told it was the wheel bearings, replaced the hub assembly its doing it again..

Originally Posted by texas1982
2001 S10 Crew Cab ( electronic 4wd )

While driving down the road, and out of the blue and not consistant, My truck will start making whine/ zipping sound
sounds seem to be coming from the right front side, while driving in normal 2wd. Noise slows down as the veh slows,Once I press the 4wd the noise will stop but even then I can hear a clicking as I make a turn. but the whine / zip sound stops. This issue happens at random, I have had the Shift Cable replaced, Wheel bearing assembly replaced and the actuator/ hoses replaced and this issue is still happening, Any ideas on the probable causes would be greatl appreciated

thxs