S-10 & Blazer 1982-2005
The S-10 and Blazer was arguably the most versatile and accessorizable mid-size truck and SUV on the market.
Platform: S/T-series & GMT 330

2003 S10 Fuel Pump

Search this Thread

Old October 3rd, 2011, 6:40 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2003 S10 Fuel Pump

My 2003 S-10 (4.3L V6) is not starting. Last time it started it ran fine, I filled the tank drove home and parked it. It sat for a couple weeks without running, and when I went to use it again it did not start. It cranks strong and I could smell gas when I was trying to start it so I decided to replace the plugs and wires. It still did not start, so I sprayed some starting fluid in the throttle body and after cranking a little bit it fired up. I drove it around for 15-20 mins. without any problems. I brought it home and parked it and went out at three different times that night and it fired right up after 1-2 cranks. The next day I tried to use it and it would not start again. Today I went out and got a new fuel filter and a pressure tester, when I turn the key on I hear the fuel pump humming for 2-3 seconds. I replaced the filter and connected up the pressure tester and with the key on engine not running I am getting 52psi on the gauge. Is this enough pressure? I am starting to think ignition module but I saw on the forum that the pressure needs to be at least 55psi so I am second guessing myself now.

Also, when I am trying to start it and it doesn't start, when I let off the key the engine sometimes sputters and bluish smoke comes out of the TB.

Thanks in advance,
Nick