S-10 & Blazer 1982-2005
The S-10 and Blazer was arguably the most versatile and accessorizable mid-size truck and SUV on the market.
Platform: S/T-series & GMT 330

Replaced pump now no power

Search this Thread

Old November 21st, 2007, 8:41 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Replaced pump now no power

Ok so I replaced my fuel pump on my 96 S10 pickup. I basically ran it out of gas to find out just how many miles per tank I was getting. Upon running out in the gas station parking lot I got help and pushed into a stall and put 20$ in it here that it about 6 gallons. It would not start It would crank but no start .I have troubleshot from spark which I know it is getting when I spray starter fluid the engine will run but shuts off as soon as the starting fluid is gone. I went and bought a new relay, O2 sensor and fuel filter because they probably needed to be replaced anyways. I also got a fuel pressure test kit, I could hear the pump running but I was told that it might be not putting out enough pressure for engine to run. I clearly was not it was showing 12 psi. I removed tank using the repair manual and removed old fuel pump and replaced with new. GM changed the wiring so I had to cut the vehicle body harness and reattach with a new one that came with new fuel pump. I know have no power to the pump it wont even cycle on LOL what did I do if anyone has any idea please let me know asap.