S-10 & Blazer 1982-2005
The S-10 and Blazer was arguably the most versatile and accessorizable mid-size truck and SUV on the market.
Platform: S/T-series & GMT 330

84 S10 Does Not Start

Search this Thread

Old December 15th, 2012, 3:54 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 84 S10 Does Not Start

I bought an 84 S10 from a guy a few months ago, and it mostly has been okay. I have seem to have inherited an issue with vapor lock but not that big of a deal right now for me. A few days ago, I ran into another issue where I can not start at all.

I went to the start, and while in I popped the hood to cool down due to the vapor lock. I came out, tried starting, wouldn't start. So I just needed a wait a bit longer to cool down. Happens all the time. However, when I tried to start it after sitting a bit longer, I forgot I had it in gear and never put the clutch in. The truck jerked forward which I turned the key back to off. No big deal. However, now when I try starting the truck nothing happens. It never tries to turn over, no clicks or anything. Battery is brand new, less than a few days old, so it is nothing with the battery. I am wondering, maybe I messed up my starter? I would expect though to at least hear it trying to work. I am really confused on what it could be. I also did try leaving the battery unplugged for 10 minutes hoping maybe something would reset, but it did not help. I am able to push start it without an issue.