S-10 & Blazer 1982-2005
The S-10 and Blazer was arguably the most versatile and accessorizable mid-size truck and SUV on the market.
Platform: S/T-series & GMT 330

Thoughts on reliability of 2001 Chevy Blazer LT 4WD V6 4 door

Search this Thread

Old October 7th, 2011, 9:24 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thoughts on reliability of 2001 Chevy Blazer LT 4WD V6 4 door

Hello everyone. I stopped by to ask around to see what people really thought of the 2001 Chevy Blazer. I'm going to look at one tonight, it has 138,000 miles on it. I keep reading so much stuff that says how unreliable they are and how so many things break on them all the time. I don't want to end up with a money pit. It's a really nice looking vehicle but I don't want to buy something based purely on aesthetics, I want to be smart about the purchase I'm making. I really need a reliable mid-size SUV that we can carry stuff in (from Home Depot etc.). I appreciate any/all of your candid comments. Thanks so much
Old October 7th, 2011, 12:59 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, I have a 2000 Chevy Blazer LS 4WD I purchased used 5 years ago. I HAVE had a lot of repairs but I'm not sure that any used vehicle is not going to have repairs needed as normal aging - at this age. The things I have had done are normal things I have always had to repair on used vehicles; radiator, starter, brakes, ignition switch, timing belt, AC, thermostat... Mine had about 50k on it back then and right now has just under 160k. The biggest problem I had was one time it went into 4WD on its own and wouldn't come out. It took several mechanics and months to figure out. They would think it was fixed but it would happen again. I can't remember what the fix ended up being but we did finally get it right and I think the mechanic said this was a problem on the older Blazers even though it was rare. ? I've spent so much on the rapairs now that I am not willing to get rid of it! I've had so much done I know this vehicle well. I really do enjoy it. Gas mileage is 15-16 MPG for mine. I'm constantly looking to improve that.