91 4.3 won't turn over - Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

91 4.3 won't turn over

CF Beginner

January 28th, 2010, 11:16 AM   #1  
91 4.3 won't turn over

I just bought a 91 4.3 S10 ran good for about an hour drove it home parked it. Started it about 2 hours later to go put gas in it for work in the morning died, it like chugged and spit and sputtered in the driveway has spark and was getting gas but woudn't start left it until morning went out hit the key and started right up drove about 3 blocks started to chug and then died now it won't even turn over all the lights work radio dash lights, turn the key and don't get anything not even clicking,but I don't lose any dash lights or nothing.? Help it is sitting on the side of the road need to get it moved. hopefully something simple. O yeah I have tried to jump it to but I don't think the battery is dead.

Super Moderator

ohio

January 28th, 2010, 12:47 PM   #2  
try to start it from the starter itself bypass everything befor the starter .. that would be a way to tell you if its something before the starter or something with the engine. but this wouldnt explain why it would die after you drive it 3 blocks.. also u might wanna try to call whoever u bought it from and ask if they had problems with it

CF Beginner

February 10th, 2010, 9:14 PM   #3  
Problem fixed started crapped out on me.

CF Junior Member

May 6th, 2010, 6:41 PM   #4  
under your distributor cap is a module replace it its really cheap and started and it go out around same time i had same problem with my 92' easy cheap fix

CF Junior Member

May 6th, 2010, 6:54 PM   #5  
under your distributor cap is a module replace it its really cheap and started and it go out around same time i had same problem with my 92' easy cheap fix

Tags
Search this Thread
Sponsors