S-10 & Blazer 1982-2005
The S-10 and Blazer was arguably the most versatile and accessorizable mid-size truck and SUV on the market.
Platform: S/T-series & GMT 330

S10 blazer Doesnt want to start

Search this Thread

Old September 23rd, 2009, 9:27 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default S10 blazer Doesnt want to start

My blazer with a 4.3L vortec (CPI) and 4 speed automatic transmission is not wanting to start unless I push the pedal all the way to the floor. Then while driving when decelerating the truck sometimes will stall. (at least most of the time) sometimes it will drive just fine and also lately it has been using a crap load of gas... no leaks I have checked just using alot. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated
Old September 25th, 2009, 10:39 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Check and replace the following items. (Standard Tuneup)
1. Check Spark Plugs
If black or showing signs of ware, replace them with AC-DELCO 41-933, if plugs have more then 100,000 miles replace them. Or compitable plugs. DO NOT USE BOSCH or AUTOLITE, the will not reach the proper tempature for full ignition of fuel air mixture.

2. Check Spark Plug Wires
If black or showing signs of ware, replace them, if more then 50,000 miles. Recommend AC-DELCO or DURALAST WIRES.

3. Check Distrubutor Cap and Rotor, Replace if worn. Replace if more than 50,000 miles since last replacement.

4. Check Ignition Solenoid and Coil, Replace if worn.

5. Run 1 tank of max Octane Premium Gas with 1 bottle of STP or GUMOUT Fuel Injector Cleaner. DO NOT USE OCTANE BOOSTER with Premium Fuel, this could lead to damage of the injectors.

6. Have the Fuel Pump tested for vaccuum leaks and proper pressure. replace if needed. Fuel pressure should maintain within +/-5 psi of require pressure of 63 PSI to run the injector correctly. If a noticable or greater then 10 psi drop in pressure while under vaccuum you have a major leak or failed pump.

7. Remove and replace Fuel Filter ever 9,000 miles or ever year. clogged Fuel filter will caused the stalling issue.

8. if equipped with a TPS (Throttle Position Sensor) Replace it with a new one. roughly $30.00+ at auto parts store.

9. other then that. Sould like it just time for a tuneup....

Question have your ECU scanned for Error Codes. I.E. Misfire, BAD 02 sensor things like that. This will save time of narrowing down the issue. Most Auto Parts store will scan the car at not cost. AutoZone, Pepboys, O'Reillys (Midwest Only) Advance Auto Parts (Western Auto) NAPA, and CARQUEST.