S-10 & Blazer 1982-2005
The S-10 and Blazer was arguably the most versatile and accessorizable mid-size truck and SUV on the market.
Platform: S/T-series & GMT 330

95 chevy blazer 4x4

Old March 16th, 2013, 9:37 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 95 chevy blazer 4x4

hi guys ! i have a 95 chevy blazer 4.3 4x4 ! it,s a automatic with the 4 wheel drive buttons on the dash and i was wondering how do you use the buttons ? i had 4 wheel drives before but not the buttons on the dash ! on dry roads are you suppose to use ( 2 high ) ? it also has ( 4 high and 4 low ) so can you explain it to me when and how to use the buttons ! right now the ( 2 high ) it lit up when i am driving so do i leave it there when the roads are dry ? thanks guys for your time !
Old March 16th, 2013, 11:37 AM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The buttons are nice to have and make it easier to change from two to four wheel drive, than the manual secondary shift linkage. Use two wheel drive as the normal mode. Four wheel high should be used when you need more traction, such as winter conditions or driving on wet dirt roads or fields. You shouldn't drive over 50 mph in high four, as it puts extra load on the drive system. Low four is to be used for deep sand, mud or snow, etc when you need extra power. You may also use low 4 when climbing or desending steep hills. It also works well when lauching a boat or pulling the trailer up a ramp.

You can change from two wheel to high four on the fly. However, you should be moving very slowly or stopped to activate low four. You will find that it will take a few seconds for the front differential to engage. Press the button for 2 / 4H or 4L and it should flash. Then when it is fully engaged, it will move to a solid light.

Have fun with your 4x4.