Go Back   Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums > Past Chevy Truck, SUV & Vans > S-10 & Blazer
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

S-10 & Blazer 1982-2005
The S-10 and Blazer was arguably the most versatile and accessorizable mid-size truck and SUV on the market.
Platform: S/T-series & GMT 330

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-22-2008, 10:49 PM

Default 96 s10 4.3 won't start after warm-up

Hello, I have a 96 s10 w/4.3L engine. (CSFI) It starts and runs great when the engine is cold. After the engine is warmed up and shut off, the truck will not start again until it sits for awhile. The truck just quits running sometimes also and I must let it sit awhile before it will start. I can also smell a fairly strong fuel odor around the truck when it runs or when it cranks and won't start. If the problem is an injector, poppet valve or fuel pressure regulator, would the truck run so well when cold? Could a bank 1 o2 sensor cause this problem when it reaches operating temp.? Thanks for any help. Mark (The fuel pump, coil, MAF sensor, crankshaft position sensor and distributor cap have been changed in the last few months, but the truck had this problem before all these parts were changed.)
Register today for free or log-in if already registered to remove this ad!
Old 08-23-2008, 07:14 AM

Default RE: 96 s10 4.3 won't start after warm-up

Thanks.....The check engine light is not on and there are no codes. I really wish there were codes.
Old 08-23-2008, 07:14 AM

Tags
43, 98, chevy, engine, oxygen, problems, run, s10, sensor, start, starting, van, warm, warmed, warming, wont