S-10 & Blazer 1982-2005
The S-10 and Blazer was arguably the most versatile and accessorizable mid-size truck and SUV on the market.
Platform: S/T-series & GMT 330

Issue with HVAC system

Old December 8th, 2008, 10:48 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Issue with HVAC system

I know I dont really need this for the cooler air at the present time but I rea that its recommended to run the A/C every month to keep things up.

Here is my issue. I found that one of the electrical clips on the back of the compressor was broken, therefore the plug would not stay in. So upon rebuilding the egine a few weeks ago, I purchased a new clip/plug and wired it in. Since it is cold right now I hadnt turned the A/C on since I rebuilt it. So when I put the plug on I tried and I got no response at all. The system has not been opened or damaged but when the plug was in it worked fine. So, just the other day I notice some clicking noise coming from the glove box. Didnt really look into it until this weekend. I pulled the access panel and it revealed three small relays number 12077866. Upon doing a search I found they related to the A/C. Now, I was confused some what because inside the engine bay mounted on the fire wall just above the intake are three more relays that have been know to click. So, are these two different sets related at all? Oh another interesting thing, driving the truck saturday with the head lights on, I noticed the clicking again which at the same time I would lose my head lights, but the DRL would stay on. I thought that was odd. Another questions, can someone test these relays so I am not just buying three or six to only replace one?

Thanks