S-10 & Blazer 1982-2005
The S-10 and Blazer was arguably the most versatile and accessorizable mid-size truck and SUV on the market.
Platform: S/T-series & GMT 330

Blazer rear Differential problem

Search this Thread

Old March 23rd, 2011, 5:53 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blazer rear Differential problem

OK, here is the situation. I have a 99' blazer w/push button 4x4. I just replaced the U-Joints front and back on the drive shaft. Then recently (meaning the day after) the rear end gave out. I'm not exatly sure what busted in the rear end yet, but deffinitly something. My biggest problem is I am strapped for $$$$ right now. I had two Ideas that I am not sure about so I thought I would ask here for some help. My first Idea is that I could take the drive shaft right out and wondered if you could drive it in 4 wheel drive? Keep in mind this would only be temporary for like two weeks or so. My other Idea was to leave the drive shaft in and gut out the rear end leavinng just the axles and try running it in 4 wheel drive, Is this possible? I was thinking either way wouldn't it be like driving a FWD in 4WD? Just wondered if any of this is possible to do. I need a vehicle but just can't fix this one for 2 weeks or so. Thanks in dvanced for all the help. Just wanted to mention there would not be any heavy driving if either of these ideas are possible just local and when I have to.