S-10 & Blazer 1982-2005
The S-10 and Blazer was arguably the most versatile and accessorizable mid-size truck and SUV on the market.
Platform: S/T-series & GMT 330

brakes or tranny issues?

Search this Thread

Old July 10th, 2013, 8:04 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default brakes or tranny issues?

Background info:

I have a '98 S10 Blazer with 210k miles. The tranny was replaced in 2009 with a Jasper. I occasionally pull a small, single axle trailer. A few months ago I did a full tune-up on the engine. I regularly change oil.

Current symptoms:
Recently, the blazer pulled to the right when braking. One day I could feel pressure on the left front wheel as if the shoes were stuck. After driving a small distance, I pulled over and could smell the brakes on the left front and they were HOT. I figured the pins needed greased so I remove the left front wheel and greased the caliper pins. That seemed to fix the pulling to the right issue (though it seems like it should have pulled to left if that was the cause) and it hasn't had the other symptoms again. Last weekend after driving a ways, I felt throbbing/ vibrating after applying the brakes. It felt maybe like a flat tire. I pulled over to check the tires and they were fine. It felt hard to accelerate here and there but went away. The problem hasn't happened again. But I have some free time now and I want to try and diagnose the problem. What does it sound like to you?