S-10 & Blazer 1982-2005
The S-10 and Blazer was arguably the most versatile and accessorizable mid-size truck and SUV on the market.
Platform: S/T-series & GMT 330

Clutch not disengaging

Old August 16th, 2016, 6:08 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch not disengaging

Hello there, ok I have a 94 Sonoma 4x4 4.3L 5speed. Truck has 197,xxx miles, motor still strong as an Ox (for a 4.3). I replaced clutch last weekend got everything back together and the clutch isn't disengaging. Peddle has a lot more resistance than befor. I know I should be able to have the clutch pressed in first gear and hold the break with out truck dieing. Yes I've bled the system to no prevail with no change in peddle resistance. Removed trans agin inspected to insure everything was properly installed and it was. With further examine we noticed the release fork was wore out replaced it put it all back together with no change. I did spend the extra 30$ or so and got the heavy duty replacement clutch kit everything is the same except for clutch disk it's .07 thicker than old one and it's got 6 springs built in it my old one only has 4 large ones. Is this causing my problem, or could it be something else. I know my way around a shop never changed a clutch tho, many autos tho...
Old August 16th, 2016, 8:59 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

hydraulic clutches are hard to bleed. Air is easily trapped in the many bends the hose have to the master cylinder. I usually, remove the entire assembly, hang it vertically and bench bleed the master, tapping the hose to move air up to the reservoir.

some people raise the front end the vehicle on a hoist, leaving the rear on the floor and then bleed.

Search this Thread